Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tired of Making the Grocery List?

Type up a list to save time

I gave up on the notion a while back that I would have time to sit down and plan all the meals, collect and cut coupons and make an accurate list before heading to the grocery store.  

Instead I keep copies of an excel spreadsheet on the side of my refrigerator that lists most of the groceries I buy, by category and the layout in the store where I usually shop.  It takes into consideration the meals I most often prepare and has a little extra space at the bottom of each category in case I need to write something extra.  

I use a highlighter to mark what I need.  It's fast and I won't miss that bold color at the store like I might with a check mark made with a pencil. 

I update my list document if I seem to be writing in the same thing fairly often.  Although it takes a little time to collect your thoughts in the beginning to make the initial document, it is well worth it in time savings in the future.  

If you need a little help getting started there are quite a few grocery lists on the web that you might be able to try before creating your own.  Some major chain grocery stores provide them on their websites. 

~ Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment