Friday, August 12, 2011

Roomba - Does that thing really work?

What if I told you that you could afford to own a robot and that it could make your life easier even while you are asleep.  I wouldn't have believed it myself until a month ago, when I purchased my first Roomba.  It vacuums carpet, wood, or vinyl and returns to it's base to recharge when the job is done.  With almost no set up and very little maintenance, it seems too good to be true.  My whole family is sold on it except our dog.  His hair is one of the reasons we need it most!

I suggest mopping your wood floor thoroughly and then using Roomba to maintain that fresh swept feeling, although Roomba picks up way more than any broom or stick vacuum I've used.  I run Roomba every other night when we all head upstairs to get ready for bed.  The next morning the floor is ready to mop, if you're ready to mop.  I have found that I can mop less frequently because the floor is staying cleaner.

The Roomba performs on carpet as well,  getting up way more hair than I thought collectively that we and the dog have.  I love that it vacuums under the sofa and bed!  Be sure to routinely clean out the brushes when using the Roomba on carpet.  Brush removal is literally a snap and the Roomba will tell you if it needs, cleaning, charging or is stuck.  I empty the dust bin drawer after the Roomba vacuums one room.
I can't say enough good things about it and I only bought the less expensive model.  I would be willing to pay way more if my  Roomba could be trained to climb stairs and vacuum those.

iRobot 530 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, White

2 comments:

  1. Ok-I have been wanting a Roomba for a VERY long time now and now that i know you ladies endorse it-I'm sold! Ironically the device that will be picking up the dog hair will be financed by the dog bite drama! Thanks ladies-keep the good info coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both have a Roomba. I've always had one when I have a dog. Get the refurbished. It's been fine.

    ReplyDelete